National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
For school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
Headteachers in their first two years of headship without NPQH are particularly encouraged to apply.
Cost of programme: Free or £1885
Full scholarship funding, with no cost to the participant is available for those who meet the following criteria:
- Are a headteacher or head of school with responsibilityfor leading a school.
- Are in the first 2 academic years of headship.
- Works in a state funded school in England
- Are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- Work in a state funded school in England that is within the top 30th percentile in relation to pupils on pupil premium as of the end of the previous academic year.
You should register through the DfE portal and nominate your lead provider as UCL from the National Provider list. UCL will forward your details to Teach West London.
Register now to start your NPQ in February 2022.
The application deadlines for the February 2022 cohort are as follows:
- 14 January 2022: Final date to register with DfE via the DfE Portal for a guaranteed place
- 21 January 2022: Final date to submit applications to UCL for a guaranteed place
- 31 January 2022: Final date to register with DfE for a non-guaranteed place
- 4 February 2022: Final date to submit applications to UCL for a non- guaranteed place.
If you have any questions about the NPQs, please email Teach West London via email@example.com
Programme design and assessment
|Taught course duration||Summative assessment period||Total duration|
With flexibility to extend by up to 6 months for teachers new to Headship
|3 months||21 months
Up to 27 months for teachers new to Headship
How do I apply?
Read about NPQ with the University College (UCL)
To apply, go to the DfE NPQ registration service and choose UCL as your provider.
- Teach West London: firstname.lastname@example.org 3301 3180