National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
For school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
Headteachers in their first two years of headship without NPQH are particularly encouraged to apply.
Cost of programme: Free or £1885
Full scholarship funding, with no cost to the participant is available for those who meet the following criteria:
- Are a headteacher or head of school with responsibilityfor leading a school.
- Are in the first 2 academic years of headship.
- Works in a state funded school in England
- Are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- Work in a state funded school in England that is within the top 30th percentile in relation to pupils on pupil premium as of the end of the previous academic year.
Apply by 27 September through the DfE portal to allow enough time for UCL to process your application. Cohorts start in November 2021.
Programme design and assessment
|Taught course duration||Summative assessment period||Total duration|
With flexibility to extend by up to 6 months for teachers new to Headship
|3 months||21 months
Up to 27 months for teachers new to Headship
How do I apply?
Read about NPQ with the University College (UCL)
To apply, go to the DfE NPQ registration service and choose UCL as your provider.
Teach West London, email@example.com, 020 3301 3180