Harrow Healthy schools
The Ealing health improvement team will support Harrow schools in 2020/21. Nicole McGregor, the senior health improvement officer from the Ealing health improvement team, will be the lead contact for queries related to Healthy Schools.
Support your school will receive from the Ealing health improvement team:
We will offer every school in Harrow access to the following:
- Access to five, 2-hour virtual HAT workshops throughout the year to help PSHE leads achieve their Healthy Schools London Awards. These workshops also include supervised support to complete their awards, skill building activities, networking and information sharing. Register to attend via Ealing CPD online.
- Two virtual drop-in days where staff can attend at any time during the day to get support on their Healthy School London awards. During the ‘drop-in’ day, schools can also attend short, 15 minutes training on up to 10 topics related to PSHE and the Healthy schools awards. Register to attend via Ealing CPD online.
- A celebration event at the end of the academic year for schools that achieved a HSL award. This event includes presentations, awards and catering (TBC and dependent on the government guidance).
- One free ticket for every Harrow school to attend our virtual conference in February - the theme is on ‘digital resilience in the era of Covid’.
- Primary school PSHE network – this is lead by two experience PSHE leads. Register to attend via Ealing CPD online.
- High school PSHE network – this is lead by an experienced PSHE teacher. Register to attend via Ealing CPD online.
- Access to all the health improvement team training workshops. This includes 17 training workshops. These trainings are offered virtually via Microsoft Teams (until the guidance changes).
- A drop-in day where schools can sign-up to receive a 30-minute one-to-one session to get support on the Healthy Schools London awards.
- Healthy Schools London award support throughout the year via email or phone.
- Access to all resources on the Ealing Grid for Learning (excluding the Ealing PSHE Scheme of work).
- The termly Stepping up to health newsletter
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Access to the Ealing knowledge hub
- A Healthy Schools Harrow points scheme
- The Ealing PSHE scheme of work at a 30% discount.
Nicole McGregor, senior health improvement officer by:
- Email: McGregorN@ealing.gov.uk
- Mobile 07925 344704