Governor recruitment event
29 Jan 2018
Working with Governors for Schools (the new name for SGOSS), we will be holding a recruitment event for volunteers and governing boards (GBs) to find potential governors. Schools are invited to join us.
Venue: Ealing Town Hall
Date: Wednesday, 14 March 2018
Time: 6 to 8pm.
This event is an opportunity for:
- Potential new governors to find out more about the role and
- Ealing schools with governor vacancies to meet potential candidates.
The success of this event will rely on us attracting as many high calibre candidates as possible but, more importantly, on your involvement i.e. governor representatives attending, to meet potential governors to promote your school and fill vacancies.
Governors for Schools new website contains up to date information, guidance and case studies for potential volunteers, schools and the partners they work with.
What to do next
- Prior to the event, all schools are required to register your GB vacancies with Governors for Schools (or email William.Durham@sgoss.org.uk). Governors for Schools will then contact you with interested candidates and promote you to potential new governors
- Identify who will be attending on 14 March, ideally two people
- Confirm attendance with email@example.com as soon as possible - by Friday, 2 March 2018 at the latest
- Think about what you will bring to the event to promote– materials to give interested volunteers? recruitment stand (only the small display banners please).