Free online safety resources for schools developed by Google and YouTube
01 Nov 2018
A new set of free online safety resources developed by Google and YouTube to promote critical thinking online is now available free for Schools.
Lesson plans, materials, and ready to use powerpoints can be found at:
There are five lessons:
1. Three Sides To Every Story – focuses on Fake News, Media Bias, Echo Chambers & Filter Bubbles.
2. Emotional Manipulation – focuses on techniques used to emotionally manipulate people online and in the media.
3. Us vs Them – focuses on scapegoating and the challenge society faces with the ‘us vs them’ rhetoric; group activity ‘Off to Mars’.
4. Haters Gonna Hate – focuses on the differences of hate speech & free speech and how to respond to online hate speech effectively.
5. Creators for change – run-through of the different ways to deliver the optional, final lesson of the unit of work on creative exercises.
Each session can be covered in a single session in the classroom or as an assembly, or can be explored in detail and spread over a few sessions.
For further information contact Mubina on the details below.