Healthy Pupils Capital Funding: Next steps
21 Dec 2018
Local authority maintained primary, special and high schools in Ealing received Healthy Pupils Capital Funding (HPCF) from revenues raised from the Soft Drinks Industry Sugar Levy.
The HPCF is intended to improve children’s and young people’s physical and mental health by improving and increasing availability to facilities for physical activity, healthy eating, mental health and wellbeing and medical conditions.
What schools are doing
The health improvement team gave schools a list of activities to choose from:
- Most popular idea that schools chose was active play equipment; 25 schools said they would spend their funds on this
- Second most popular idea was a cooling down zone or Safe Space to support pupils’ mental health - selected by 10 schools
- Seven schools chose to spend their funds on edible playgrounds
- Five on the Daily Mile
- Four on playground zoning
- Three on cooking and water fountains and
- Two schools said they will use their funds to purchase a token collector to reward healthy eating.
Of the 60 eligible schools, 58 submitted the proposal form to receive half their allocated HPCF funds in January 2019.
Schools should process the accounting of funds and spend based on CFR coding for capital income on CI01 and capital expenditure on CE03. Please contact schools accountancy (email@example.com ) should you require additional information and bursarial services (see related services below for contacts details) for related FMS codes.
When your school has spent all allocated funding, email the HPCF final report (available on the related content tab below) to McGregorN@ealing.gov.uk to receive your remaining funds.
Schools have until 28 June 2019 to spend all their funds. The remaining funds will be transferred to schools in the April and July monthly distribution cycles.
For further information contact Nicole McGregor on the contact details below.