Children's mental health week 4 - 10 February, 2019
04 Feb 2019
4- 10 February is Children's Mental Health Week (MHW) - An opportunity to start conversations about mental health and promote children's wellbeing.
This year the theme is 'Healthy: Inside and out', so encourage physical activity and healthy eating to promote positive mental health.
Download some of the resources below to celebrate MHW in your school.
We would love to hear how you celebrated mental health week. Please get in touch or for more information contact Stacey on the details below.
Resources to support schools:
- Children's mental health week website - Download assemblies and activities for mental health week
- Free educational resource on children and young people’s mental health for all adults (Minded.org)
- Mentally healthy schools website - Quality assured information, advice and resources to help primary schools understand and promote mental health and wellbeing
- Useful information and resources developed by Ealing’s health improvement team (EGfL)
- Beat eating disorders website - The UK’s leading charity supporting those affected by eating disorders and campaigning on their behalf
- Young minds 'Hello Yellow' campaign (pdf)
- Time to change website
- Support young people with the #HandsUp4HealthyMinds toolkit
- New animation and toolkit for high schools (Anna Freud.org)
- Animation and toolkit for primary schools (Anna Freud.org).