Free schools meals for pupils at home due to coronavirus related reasons
16 Sep 2020
The Government has advised that, from September 2020, they expect catering providers to support pupils eligible for benefits-related free school meals who have to be at home for reasons relating to coronavirus (COVID-19) by providing food parcels.
There is no requirement to provide universal infant free school meals to infant pupils who are not in school.
Speak to your school catering team (in house) or school catering provider to see if they can prepare food packs that could be collected from school by families.
Many schools are part of the Ealing schools catering consortium (ESCC) serviced by Harrison Catering, PFI catering arrangements and a small number of other arrangements. Harrison has advised that they are also able to offer support for non-consortium schools where their own caterers are unable to supply food packs.
If you would like to place an order for packs with Harrison, please contact your Harrison group manager (Graham Simpson, Godwin Williams, Kevin Rice or Kerry Brown) or Delano Gomes.
For PFI schools, the PFI contract managers are:
- PFI 1 Gustavo Abreu 07825 0783 49
- PFI 2 Clinton Adams 07467 442791
- PFI 3 Paul Boothman 07866 123 064.
If you require any additional information, the LA contacts are:
- Harrison LA contact Richard Sims SimsR@ealing.gov.uk or Lauren North NorthL@ealing.gov.uk
- PFI schools LA contact Yacoba Godwyll GodwyllY@ealing.gov.uk
- Schools with any other arrangements LA contact Laurence Field FieldL@ealing.gov.uk
If you have any other free school meals questions, please contact the pupil support service at email@example.com, 0208 825 5566.