Cold weather alert level three
25 Jan 2021
There is a 90 % probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/heavy snow between midnight on Tuesday 26 January and midnight on Wednesday 27 January in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services.
Read the latest Met Office cold weather alert: Level 3 - Cold weather action
During the cold weather, staff and managers are advised to take care and responsibility of their own and their pupils health, safety and welfare.
Schools are reminded:
- To follow practical guidance on severe winter weather
- That it is their statutory duty to report school closures
- To monitor check the weather forecast for London and the South East (Met Office) during the winter months
- To report a suspected outbreak of infectious and contagious diseases to the relevant authorities
- That those with certain medical conditions, e.g. asthma, diabetes, who are more at risk, can get free flu vaccinations from their GP or from some pharmacies. GPs and pharmacies will charge those not in the ‘at risk’ group a small fee for the jab.