Extension of audit assistance survey programme in schools
04 Jan 2021
Following a recent health and safety audit, it was proposed to extend the successful audit assistance survey programme to:
- Further assist schools in monitoring critical maintenance and risk assessments and
- Follow up with schools on implementation of any recommendations or remedials identified within the reports or servicing records.
To do this, Schools Service has been developing a Sharepoint site for uploading and tracking this information to assist schools in meeting their mandatory compliance duties.
The system has been piloted with a small number of schools and we are now ready to roll this out.
Action for schools to take now
- Send Mark Bass (contact details below) the email address associated with your Microsoft account, preferably Office 365 but if not, the school account that is used to start your computer. You will then be issued with a log in to the sharepoint site
- All documents in the list below need to be submitted by 31 January 2021. This can either be uploaded to the sharepoint site (preferred) or submitted by email.
Compliance activities to be submitted:
- Asbestos management plans
- Fire risk assessments
- Legionella risk assessments
- Gas safety/servicing records
- Electrical installation condition reports
- Insurance/thorough inspections
- Recommendations and/or remedial records of all the items above. Each recommendation or remedial item will be entered into the database and progress will be tracked.