Blended training approach at the EEC in Greenford
13 Sep 2021
From September 21, we will again be running face to face training events at the EEC in Greenford.
Following your feedback in the Spring term, our 21/22 CPD SLA course programme will take a blended approach, with roughly 50% of courses continuing to be held online, and 50% returning to face to face at the EEC.
In light of the latest Covid government guidance and following advice from the council, in order to mitigate risk for all, we want to assure you that we will continue to follow latest COVID guidelines at the EEC.
We hope these changes will give you and your school the opportunity for networking and face to face engagement, whilst also keeping school staff safe and offering some flexibility to their timetables.
If you or your staff members are planning to attend the EEC this term, please be assured that we are following the latest Covid government guidance and SAGE recommendations.
Attendees should maintain social distancing at the EEC wherever possible; this includes when you arrive at and depart from the EEC, while you are at the EEC, and when you travel between sites.
Please take account of those with protected characteristics, as social distancing may not be possible or will be more challenging for attendees with certain disabilities. For example, individuals in wheelchairs or with visual impairments.
You can mitigate risk by:
- Further increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning
- Keeping the activity time involved as short as possible
- Using screens or barriers to separate people from each other
- Using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible
- Reducing the number of people each person has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or partnering’ (so each person works with only a few others)
At the EEC we are mitigating risk by:
- Additional ventilation
- Front facing desks at 2 metre distance (or 1.5 if a larger group – 2m set-up preferred)
- Increased cleaning of pressure points
- Face coverings while walking around
- Limited session times; no large groups
- Recording details for track and trace
- Hand sanitisers available
Should you have any questions or concerns about returning to the EEC for your CPS SLA course programme from September, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.