Free summer family cycling sessions in Ealing
13 Jul 2018
Cycle Training UK provides free cycle training (funded by Ealing Council) at more than 40 Ealing schools every year, with hundreds of students in years five to nine completing an on-road cycling skills course.
Our ambition is to help every child in Ealing cycle with confidence and we believe that learning with friends and family is a great way to achieve that.
Book a family and friends session
We would love to hear from groups of families who want to build their cycling skills and confidence together. We offer:
- Experienced instructors available in the summer holidays and beyond to lead group sessions to develop your children’s cycling ability, while ensuring that you have the knowledge to help them continue to learn and practise
- Help to fit and risk-assess cycle and equipment, identify safe areas for practise and ensure that you are passing on the best cycling habits
- Advice on how best to manage small group rides to reduce the stress of riding on-road as a family.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a session for just you and your friends.
Friday family cycling fun sessions
Alternatively, come along to our free Friday Family Cycling Fun sessions, no need to book, just turn up in good time for the start of the session.
Two sessions every Friday throughout August: 10am-12 noon sessions are for families with children over six; and 1pm-3.30pm sessions are for families with children over nine.
- 3 August - Southall Park (at the tennis courts)
- 10 August - Acton Park (at the tennis courts)
- 17 August - Elthorne Park (at the tennis courts)
- 24 August - Northala Fields (at the cafe).
Visit Cycle Training UK website for more details of these and many more cycling activities in Ealing, including led rides and free bike checks.
School travel team
Tel:020 8825 7122.