ELP - Preparation for taking part in a ‘Deep Dive’
23 Sep 2019
Know your subject deeply…
Preparation for taking part in a ‘Deep Dive’
‘A... ‘deep dive’, ... involves gathering evidence on the curriculum intent, implementation and impact over a sample of subjects, topics or aspects. This is done in collaboration with leaders, teachers and pupils. The intent of the deep dive is to seek to interrogate and establish a coherent evidence base on quality of education.’ Inspecting the Curriculum: Ofsted 2019
ELP and Compass Hub are looking to recruit nine current practitioner subject specialists (Science, Geography,History, PE, Music, Computing, Art/DT, RE, PSHE) to lead twilights that will develop subject leaders’ confidence and skills to take part in a ‘Deep Dive’.
The subject leaders will co-create resources, schemes of work and lesson planning for the development of their subject with colleagues leading the same subject in different schools.
Successful candidates would receive £240 for the training session and four twilights in recognition of the additional workload:
- Monday, 4 November 4-6.30pm - North
- Monday, 20 January 4-6.30pm - Weald Rise
- Monday, 24 February 4-6.30pm - Gifford
- Monday, 9 March 4.00-6.00pm - Speaker Rob Carpenter (CEO Inspire Partnership) - Gifford
- Expression of interest to be submitted: Thursday, 10 October. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisting of subject leaders: Friday, 11 October
- Interviews: Tuesday, 15 October (possibly by phone)
- Subject leader training session: Thursday, 31 October 4-5.30pm.