School-led tutoring: allocations and conditions of grant

04 Oct 2021

The National Tutoring Programme (NTP) helps support disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils from year 1 to year 11 to catch-up on missed education due to coronavirus (COVID-19).

School-led tutoring is one route of the NTP. State-funded schools and academy trusts, with pupils eligible for pupil premium will receive a ring-fenced school led tutoring grant to source their own tutoring provision to support catch-up.

As detailed in the condions of grant, this allocation is intended to cover 75% of the expected cost of tuition. Schools and academy trusts are expected to contribute the remaining 25% of costs from other budget such as the recovery premium or pupil premium.

Was this page useful? 


Last updated: 05 Oct 2021