Newly qualified teacher (NQT) induction
We are delighted to welcome you to Ealing and to your first teaching post. Congratulations on your appointment and the start of your career in teaching.
Induction at a glance
- All qualified teachers who are employed in a relevant school in England must, by law, have to complete an induction period satisfactorily
- Statutory induction is the bridge between initial teacher training and a career in teaching
- The induction year offers systematic professional and personal support to all newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
Key people involved in NQT induction
- In schools this would be your headteacher / principal, governor, induction tutor / mentor and whole staff
- In Ealing LA the named contact at the appropriate body is Mirela Temo (NQT and EMA adviser)
The appropriate body (AB) has the main quality assurance role within the induction process. The AB responds to requests from schools and colleges for guidance, support and assistance with NQTs’ induction programmes and provides training for induction tutors.
Contacting the Appropriate Body
Mirela Temo - NQT and Ethnic Minority Achievement Adviser
NQT induction procedures, advice, assessments, quality assurance, concerns
Tel: 0208 825 7986 or Mobile: 07957 637 118
Support with administration and NQT manager - Tel: 020 8825 5763
Other useful contacts
Website: NQT manager
NQT technical support: 08454 686 810
Teaching Regulation Agency
Teaching Regulation Agency website - for general enquiries regarding QTS, information on national registration and certificates.
Tel: 020 7593 5392
Registration and assessment deadlines
Reports / Assessments deadlines:
- Term 3 - 15 July 2018
For more information view
September cohort must be done before 17 October 2018.
Latest events and trainings
- Ealing NQT training programme 2018/19
- Beyond first year of teaching 2018/19
- NQT mentors' conference - 5 July 2018
- Key documentations - View handbooks, assessment guidance, teachers' portal, FAQs, teacher standards etc
- Training and professional development opportunities - View the latest training course and events.