Newly qualified teacher (NQT) induction
We are delighted to welcome you to Ealing and to your first teaching post. Congratulations on your appointment and the start of your career in teaching.
Induction at a glance
- All qualified teachers who are employed in a relevant school in England must, by law, have to complete an induction period satisfactorily
- Statutory induction is the bridge between initial teacher training and a career in teaching
- The induction year offers systematic professional and personal support to all newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
Key people involved in NQT induction
- In schools this would be your headteacher / principal, governor, induction tutor / mentor and whole staff
- In Ealing LA the named contact at appropriate body and lead for NQT induction is Mirela Temo.
The appropriate body (AB) has the main quality assurance role within the induction process. The AB responds to requests from schools and colleges for guidance, support and assistance with NQTs’ induction programmes and provides training for induction tutors.
Contacting the Appropriate Body
Mirela Temo - LA lead for NQT induction
NQT induction procedures, advice, assessments, quality assurance, concerns
Tel: 0208 825 7986 or Mobile: 07957 637 118
Support with administration and NQT manager - Tel: 020 8825 5763
NQT Statutory guidance
Induction for newly qualified teachers - Updated April 2018 (GOV.UK)
Statutory guidance on NQT inductions for headteachers, school staff and governing bodies.
Registration and assessment deadlines
April cohort must be done before 16 May 2018.
Reports / Assessments deadlines:
- Term 3 – 15 July 2018.
For more information: NQT induction and assessment dates 2017/18 (pdf)
Other useful contacts
Website: NQT manager
NQT technical support: 08454 686 810
Teaching regulation agency
Teaching regulation agency website - for general enquiries regarding QTS, information on national registration and certificates.
Tel: 020 7593 5392
Please choose from the following
- Key documentations - View handbooks, assessment guidance, teachers portal, FAQs, teacher standards etc
- Training and professional development opportunitites - View the latest training course and book via Ealing CPD online.
- NQT newletter: Latest events and updates