Local authority training
Ealing provides a wide range of training opportunities to enable governors and clerks to develop and enhance their knowledge and skills.
Some sessions are dedicated particularly to governors and/or clerks however all courses which may be of relevance are open to our governors/clerks.
These courses are free of charge to governors/clerks of schools that have purchased the Ealing’s CPD and training service level agreement (ask your school’s CPD leader if you are unsure) otherwise there is a small charge to your school.
For more details about all Ealing CPD and training programmes please visit Ealing CPD online: www.ealingcpd.org.uk
Local authority network meetings
Chair’s network meetings are held once a term.
These are also suitable for aspiring chairs, vice chairs and chairs of committees.
- A networking opportunity for chairs to share best practice
- A forum to provide advice, information and feedback on governing board issues
- CPD/training opportunity (as appropriate)
- Information and guidance on National College support available to all chairs.
Clerk’s network meetings are held once a term.
- A networking opportunity for clerks to share best practice
- A forum to provide advice, information and feedback on governing board issues especially regarding the statutory responsibilities of the clerk
- CPD/training opportunity (as appropriate).
These can be booked via Ealing CPD online: www.ealingcpd.org.uk
Bespoke training for Ealing governing boards
Bespoke work/training for governing boards can be accessed via the Ealing’s universal school improvement offer brokered with link officers.
Alternatively schools can buy bespoke support from recommended experts, which the governance development team and/or the CPD at Ealing Education Centre (EEC) team can advise and facilitate