Leadership and management - early years
Early help assessment and plan formerly CAF (Ealing Council website)
Ensure your setting obtains an EHAP pack and threshold document. Ensure attendance at EHAP introductory training. If at any point throughout the early years foundation stage (EYFS) significant emerging concerns are identified an EHAP should be initiated.
Ealing Children and Families Directory
Family information, advice and guidance
0-5 Know How (Early start Ealing website)
Parent information website for Ealing families.
Monitoring and self evaluation
- Why self-evaluate? (pdf)
- Judging the quality of teaching and learning (pdf)
- Supporting all children’s communication development Ealing quality indicators (pdf)
- Safeguarding and welfare requirements EYFS September audit tool- Currently being reviewed. Availale in Autumn 2018.
Ofsted inspection framework
- Ofsted common inspection framework for early years, maintained schools, academies, independent schools and further education (GOV.UK)
- Early years inspection handbook (GOV.UK)
- School inspection handbook (GOV.UK)
- Non-association independent school inspection handbook (GOV.UK)
- Inspecting safeguarding in early years, education and skills (GOV.UK)
- Inspecting children's centres framework (GOV.UK)
- Early years inspection myths (GOV.UK)
- Early years inspection myths videos (youtube.com)
Good practice guidance
Ofsted: RIGHT from the start early years good practice films (YouTube website)
Example improvement plan (word)
Department for Education - sign up to email alerts (GOV.UK)
Ealing networks and briefing
Keep informed of important updates and take part in discussions and reflections by being part of your local networks and attending briefing sessions, details on Ealing CPD online
- EYFS leaders briefings
- PVI managers network briefings
- Childminder network briefings
- SEND network meetings.
Early years qualifications
Early years qualification list (GOV.UK)
The early years qualifications list provides guidance and a search tool to help those delivering the EYFS to identify qualifications that are considered to be full and relevant at levels 2 and 3
Early years teacher's standards (GOV.UK)
Early years teacher status is awarded to graduates who are leading education and care and who have been judged to have met all of the standards in practice from birth to the end of the early years foundation stage ( EYFS). This document outlines what standards early years teachers must reach. It also provides the statutory assessment guidance.
For further information on teachers standards (foundation stage +) please visit teacher standards on EGfL (see related content link below).