Educational psychology service delivery during autumn 2020
During autumn the educational psychology service (EPS) is delivering a combination of online and face to face services to our Ealing schools.
Our principles are:
- To deliver quality services while safeguarding both our clients and ourselves.
- To practise in a way that reduces the risk of Covid-19 transmission, recognising the risk of pre-symptomatic transmission and our social responsibility to reduce the spread of the virus and protect the vulnerable.
- To practise with an understanding of, and respect for, the situation schools are in. (This refers to an understanding of the increased demands staff are experiencing, and the need for schools to experience and make sudden changes).
We are continuing to work remotely for work that can be done in this way where possible (e.g. planning meetings, consultations). However, there are some cases where a face to face consultation would be better. In this circumstance, the consultation will take place at school in a large ventilated room.
We are carrying out face to face assessments where appropriate, with regard to a number of considerations that have been informed by: (a) a structured risk-assessment and (b) guidelines from the Ealing Local Authority.
- Only attend appointments if the psychologist and all members of their household have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the last 10 days.
- Not work with anyone face to face who is presenting with overt symptoms of COVID-19 or where a member of that person’s household has experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the last 10 days (we would ask schools to check this prior to the appointment taking place).
- Ask to see the schools’ risk assessment before initial visits are carried out.
- Adhere to any safety protocols as advised by individual schools.
- Limit visits to one setting per day where possible.
- Maintain an appropriate social distance from others and not engage in any physical contact.
- Respectfully ask that the room where the face to face work takes place is carefully considered, taking into account distances between people and ventilation alongside any other additional precautions required.
- We will wear a face visor or a mask if required/permitted to do so.
- Wash our hands or use hand sanitiser before and after all school visits.
- Clean assessment items that have been touched by pupils with an alcohol-based cleaner before and after use.
- Bring our own refreshments, food and drink.
We will update our working principles in line with changing government advice as required.