SEND bulletin 18 November
Ealing speech and language therapy team on Youtube
Take a look at their YouTube channel for:
- Workshops: including understanding autism, shy, quiet and anxious talkers and supporting children who stammer
- Awareness content, giving quick facts and strategies for children who have selective mutism and developmental language disorder
- School assembly presentation on selective mutism.
We hope you enjoy watching and please do share with families and practitioners who you think might be interested. Watch this space for more upcoming content!
Children with SEND and COVID-19 study
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the education, health and social care provision for children with SEND:
This session aims to support and improve delegates’ knowledge and understanding of early attachment development. The making of secure and insecure attachments will be explored, and the trainer will demonstrate how early attachment experiences influence later learning and behaviour. Strategies and approaches to support children’s attachment needs in the classroom will be shared. Book a place.
This workshop will provide SENCos with information regarding the inclusion aspects of the Ofsted framework. SENCos who have been through the process recently, will share their experiences in this session. Book a place.
The school office is often the first place of contact for a parent seeking support and advice for their family or child with additional needs. In this session we will make you aware of the services and support available for families so that you are able to share this information and offer help immediately. We will discuss challenges and reflect on best practice within your role to welcome and support parents. Book a place.
This network will provide an opportunity for primary behaviour leads to share good practice and discuss current challenges. During the session you will also receive updates on services and support available and training on aspects of behaviour management. Book a place.
This workshop will provide an opportunity to reflect on inclusive practice in your school. We will share best practice, discuss challenges, and problem-solve together. Book a place.
This workshop will provide an opportunity for you to reflect on inclusive QFT practice within your subject. You will have a chance to share good practice and identify your next steps in ensuring your subject area is meeting the needs of all children. If possible, please attend the workshop with another subject leader from your school so you can discuss practice together and ensure plans for developing practice are aligned. Book a place.
Secondary year group leaders workshop on inclusive practice
This workshop will provide an opportunity for you to reflect on inclusive practice within your year group. You will have a chance to share good practice and identify your next steps in ensuring the CYP in your year group are having their needs met. If possible, please attend the workshop with another subject leader from your school so you can discuss practice together and ensure plans for developing practice are aligned.
SEND training and networks for school governors
Attached is a list of all SEND training and networks for school’s governors. An overview of each session is provided as well as links, dates, and times. If you are interested in any of these sessions, please book a place via CPD Online.
- SEND for governors - overview of governors’ role part 1 Tuesday 23 November 2021 from 6-7.30pm part 2 Tuesday 7 December 2021 from 6-7.30pm
- Strategic SEND workshop follow up (from 14 oct) surgery session Thursday 27 January 2022 from 12-1.30pm
- Springhallow outreach autism conference 2022 Friday 11 February 2022 from 9am to 3pm
- Joint SENCO and SEND governor ELP network - send funding and use of resources for governors Thursday 24 February 2022 from 4-5.30pm
- Understanding pupils with autism and social communication difficulties - what governors need to know Monday 25 April 2022 from 6-8pm
- Joint SENCO and SEND governor ELP network - whole school send – auditing & monitoring SEND Tuesday 10 May 2022 from 4-5.30pm