Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) 2018/19
This service is available for Academies, Maintained schools and Other schools and settings
Clinic-based services for children and young people where assessment and treatment interventions are provided by multi-disciplinary teams of mental health professionals. Referrals are accepted from GPs, health visitors, social workers, educational psychologists, other health professionals, school SEN plan meetings via SENCOs or EPs (not direct from schools).
The following mental health professionals / teams are part of the services:
- Family and young person’s (0 -13 years old generic and 0-18 years old if child is LAC)
- Neuro-developmental (0 -18 years old)
- Adolescent community (14 -18 years old generic and 0-18 years old if suspected psychosis)
- Paediatric liaison 0 -18 years old (as now part of crisis service)
- Eating disorders services (0-18 years old, self-referrals accepted).
Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm
Ongoing process of continued service improvement.
Needs / areas addressed
- Mental health issues
- Emotional, behavioural, relationship, psychiatric
- Autistic spectrum
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), tic disorders, eating disorders, self-harm
- Psychosis, depression, anxiety, mood and conduct disorders, post-traumatic stress
- Severe emotional difficulties or developmental delay following child abuse and/or neglect
- Chronic illnesses associated with psychological and psychiatric morbidity (diabetes mellitus, HIV, asthma etcetera).
Take a look at the Ealing CAMHS website.
West London NHS Trust
Alliance team - ask for West London CAMHS out of hours team
Tel: 0300 1234 244
Referral and contact details
Tel: 020 8354 8160
Address: Ealing CAMHS, 1 Armstrong Way, Southall, UB1 3EU