Communicating during a crisis at school 2019/20
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
An expert crisis media management service for schools provided by a team of communications professionals with extensive experience of crisis communications, local knowledge and media connections.
- Re-directing media calls to the council’s media team
- Logging media enquiries and requests for interview
- Agreeing best course of action with senior leader/head and gathering relevant information
- Drafting media lines in response to media requests
- Preparing key spokespeople for media interviews
- Monitoring and circulating media coverage
- Rebutting inaccurate coverage.
- All element of the bronze package plus
- Reputation and risk management, including matters not yet in the public domain
- Working closely with school senior leaders on the management on extended incidents such as court cases
- Developing a communication plan for key stakeholder communications
- Reviewing and editing correspondence for staff, parents, governors and the community.
- All elements of the silver package charged at a higher rate and with on-off hourly charges for officer time spent on the crisis issue.
Core hours 9am- 5pm contact email@example.com or call 0208 825 8686. An on-call service for out of hours emergencies is available via the council’s out-of-hours service on 020 8825 5000. Schools should ask for the duty media officer.
Strategy and engagement, communications team
- Moira Mercer, Marketing and communications: firstname.lastname@example.org 8825 8686