Family information service (FIS) 2020/21
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
We provide information, advice and guidance for children, young people and families. FIS handles over 2000 enquiries a month.
For professionals include:
- Key support service for professionals using the 'early help assessment and plan' (EHAP), including EHAP registration, training and advice, information and guidance
- We deliver outreach information sessions to venues and at events
- Manage the directory of services www.ealingfamiliesdirectory.org.uk and Ealing Local Offer; and two facebook pages, Ealing Family Information Service and Ealing Local Offer
- Supports development of your information points and information delivery to families
- Access to our monthly Ealing Local Offer Newsletter.
Families can find out about:
- Ofsted registered childcare including playgroups, nurseries and childminders
- Out of school provision including holiday playschemes, breakfast clubs, afterschool clubs and play centres
- Funding schemes to help with the cost of childcare (including tax credits)
- Eligibility for free nursery places for two year olds
- Eligibility for 30 hours childcare for three and four year olds
- Information, support and services available for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) by speaking with our designated SEND Officer
- Children’s centres and the services on offer
- Leisure activities including sports and clubs
- Parenting classes
- Services for young people
- Family support services.
- Schools can request outreach sessions for special events
- Schools can request an information point and/or literature for parent information points.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
The FIS is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the local community and families that use the service.
Tel: 020 8825 5588