Gypsy, Roma and Traveller achievement service 2019/20
We support the education and lifelong learning of children, young people and adults of the gypsy, roma and traveller (GRT) heritages.
The service supports and advises schools, children’s centres and all education providers on measures to raise the educational access and achievement of the GRT communities.
The team has:
- Considerable expertise in supporting schools to raise the achievement of GRT pupils, work with schools to close achievement gaps and build capacity at all levels
- Proven experience of partnership working with schools, relevant teams, agencies and a wide range of providers of education and training
- A recognised ability to maintain real contact and consultation with the range of GRT communities in Ealing.
Monday to Friday term time: 8.30am to 5pm
- Service improvement and development in line with the virtual headteacher
- Seeking support from external funding
- Pursuing innovation through creative partnerships with organisations dedicated to the promotion of education amongst GRT communities.
For schools and agencies seeking advice and support, please contact Liz Des Vignes (see contact details).
Ealing local authority (GRTAS), children and adults' service.
- Liz Des Vignes, School partnerships and enrichment team: firstname.lastname@example.org 412 220