Mental health and emotional wellbeing 2020/21
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
This package will help your school to implement a consistent whole school approach to mental health and emotional wellbeing and help raise awareness of what mental health is, how to identify vulnerable children and ways to support your pupils' wellbeing.
This package will:
- Drive a whole school approach to promoting mental health that is sustainable
- Directly assist you in achieving your Healthy Schools London Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum awards with a focus on mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Provide you with access to wide range of pre-prepared lesson plans, parent letters, policies and baseline surveys
- Provide you with expert guidance from a health improvement officer to stay on track and make an impact
- Model all aspects of the whole school approach and link in with the school psychologist to ensure that this project is sustainable in your school.
This package include implementation of all initiatives, training, policies, toolkits and resources.
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
- Twilight sessions and out of office hours work by negotiation.
This package comprises of:
- Guidance on reviewing and updating a mental health policy
- 2 staff trainings/INSETS to introduce the topic of mental health, delivering mental health lessons or on developing resilience
- A parent workshop focused on mental health awareness
- Activities for the classroom including cooling down strategies and mindfulness activities
- Mental health awareness lessons for high school pupils and resilience lessons for primary school pupils
- Access to two central trainings for all staff on mental health
- Up to 2 modelled resilience or mental health lessons, delivered by an experienced member of the team
- Baseline and endline surveys with pupils and staff to measure impact
- A mental health toolkit for the lead staff member
- Example assemblies and lesson plans
- Examples of Silver Awards focused on mental health to support your school in achieving it’s HSL Silver Award.
Health improvement team, Children and families, Ealing Learning Partnership
- Nicole McGregor, Health improvement: firstname.lastname@example.org 8825 5484