Pyramid club 2017/18
This service is available for Academies, Maintained schools and Other schools and settings
We offer a ten week pyramid club as an early intervention for quiet, shy, withdrawn or anxious children and training for school staff to run their own pyramid clubs.
Children and young people who attend the ten week pyramid club show:
- Improved attainment and attendance
- Higher self-esteem
- Stronger relationships with peers and adults
- Better engagement with their own learning and participation in class
- More resilience and the ability to deal with their own difficulties
- Improved strategies for managing their thoughts and feelings.
Students from the University of West London are trained, vetted and supported to run clubs, providing additional specialist support for the school as well as a fresh set of faces for the children.
Following the club, schools will receive a detailed report looking at measurable improvements in children's behaviour and recommendations for further support.
Training and support for schools to deliver pyramid clubs
The benefits include:
- CPD for support staff to deliver pyramid clubs covering: group work with children and young people; observing, planning and running sessions; and understanding children and young people's social and emotional needs
- Ability to deliver an evidence-based early intervention programme
- Flexibility in timing and delivery of clubs by using school’s own staff
- Option to receive supplementry support from student volunteers at the University of West London.
Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
- Pyramid club materials are regularly updated to promote best practice
- Resources are being developed to help parents continue the work at home
- The intervention is currently being evaluated by the early intervention foundation for inclusion in their guidebook of interventions to support children's social and emotional development.
The pyramid project at the University of West London, which sits within the school of human and social sciences.
Contact the pyramid project co-ordinator at UWL:
Tel: 020 8231 2930 or 07810 853561
Independent schools/schools outside of Ealing: Contact the University of West London pyramid contact directly.