Reducing obesity 2019/20
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
This package will help your school to introduce a range of healthy eating and exercise initiatives proven to reduce rates of obesity in your pupils. Schools can use their school sports premium funding to pay for this package.
This package will:
- Ensure your weight loss initiatives are successful, embedded and sustainable.
- Directly assist you in achieving your Healthy Schools London Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum awards with a focus on healthy eating.
- Help get parents on board via detailed consultation.
- Provide you with access to a wide range of pre-prepared lesson plans, posters, parent letters, policies and baseline surveys.
- Provide you with expert guidance from a health improvement officer to stay on track, save you time and make an impact.
- Model all aspects of the whole school approach to ensure that this project is sustainable in your school.
This package include implementation of all initiatives, training, policies, toolkits and resources.
Summary of the Health Improvement Team packages for ELP subscribers:
- Healthy schools awards and training package £997
- Four day bespoke package £1790
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing package £1529
- Relationship and sex education package £1529
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
- Twilight sessions and out of office hours work by negotiation.
This package comprises of:
- A choice of four initiatives for your pupils from options including the Daily Mile, 5 Minute HIT (High Intensity training), healthy lunchtime token reward system, Lunchtime Champions, Wake Up Shake Up, Playground Zones, School Fun Run, active learning, healthy eating drop-in for parents, lunchtime Daily Mile, parent Daily Mile and a healthy lifestyle health fair.
- Access to eight central training on topics including fussy eating, health champions, Daily Mile, 5 minute HIT, oral health, healthy lunchtimes, packed lunch policy and calm dining rooms.
- An update and review of your current packed lunch policy, PE policy and whole-school food policy with consultation from staff, governors, parents and pupils.
- A staff INSET covering topics including the Daily Mile, 5 minute HIT and lunchtime reward system.
- One parent workshop on healthy packed lunches, cooking or food budgeting.
- One pupil assembly covering the 5 minute HIT and healthy eating
- Baseline and endline surveys with pupils and staff to measure impact
- The ‘Healthy Lunchtime’ and ‘Daily Mile’ toolkit.
- Examples of Silver Awards focused on Healthy eating to support your school in achieving it’s HSL Silver Award.
Health improvement team, children and families.
- Nicole McGregor, Health improvement: firstname.lastname@example.org 8825 5484