School governance development 2020/21
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
We provide a complete support, advice and continuing professional development (CPD) service for governors, associate members and clerks from all school settings. Select image to view brochure (log in required).
We provide relevant and timely advice, guidance and a range of templates/ tools to empower governors and clerks to fulfil their duties effectively. We do this by working with boards to review and challenge current practice, identify and implement solutions that best suit their needs to improve the effectiveness of leadership and management and promote school improvement.
External review of governance
An external review of governance will usually take approx three days. It may additionally include a follow-up visit to review impact. This may be as a result of an Ofsted inspection but also as part of a GBs self-evaluation process to establish best practice and areas for development. If there is any additional follow to review progress or provide training this will be an additional cost.
GB bespoke training
Cost includes prep and delivery for up to a two hour session. Popular sessions have included; preparing for Ofsted; roles and responsibilities of the GB; Understanding data; Vison and values; Ensuring accountability including use of visits and other evidence
New chairs - mentoring support /one to one training Email and telephone support with meetings as relevant. Time and cost will be dependent on the type of support or mentoring needed.
Schools that subscribe to Ealing Learning Partnership (ELP )
- Online, telephone and email advice/ support on any governance issue
- Distribution of key governance communications including half termly Directors’ Report communicating local and national educational items for information and action
- Dedicated governor/clerk section on EGfL www.egfl.org.uk/governors including guidance templates and toolkits
- Termly briefings for clerks and chairs
- Central training programme for governors and clerks (with local accreditation)
- Access to locally run DfE programmes for governors and clerks
- Governor learning conversations and governing board visits
- Online induction for new governors and new chairs
- Clerks ELP Help group – support for clerks
- Annual governor recruitment event
- Access to annual discounted membership for The Key to School Governors /National Governance Association (cost paid for by the school at discounted rate)
- Discount on annual governance conference
- Support in finding high quality trainers and reviewers for governance issues (cost to be paid by the school or purchased as part of traded service PAYG).
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Check and make Instrument of Government (IOGs) for all maintained schools and federations of maintained schools
- Nominate local authority governors to all maintained schools
- Provide information and training for school governors
- Set up temporary and shadow governing boards for new maintained schools
- Arrange parent governor representatives on local authority scrutiny committees dealing with education (carried out by the Council’s democratic services team)
- Support governing boards (GBs) of schools at risk or in a category including appointment of additional governors or interim executive board members
Ealing Learning Partnership service, children and adults’ services.
- Therese McNulty, School workforce and governance development: email@example.com 8825 8542
Telephone: 020 8825 5444