Early Career Framework (ECF) fidelity checks
According to the new ECT Induction regulations (2021), appropriate bodies are expected to check that ECTs receive an induction based on the Early Career Framework (ECF) and the induction’s design covers the evidence-based statements in the ECF.
Ealing Appropriate Body will want to ensure that ECF fidelity checking requirements are communicated at the earliest opportunity to allow schools to factor in time to plan an ECF-based induction programme and submit their plans to the AB prior to the start of induction.
The level of ECF fidelity checking will vary depending on the type of ECF-based induction being delivered.
If a school has opted for a:
Full induction programme - No ECF fidelity checks are required
The ECF fidelity checking information is required before the start of induction and the AB will contact schools to request some initial information on induction programmes before the start of induction.
Note While schools adapt to the changes to statutory induction, and given the challenges and pressures created by coronavirus (COVID-19) through 2020, and now into 2021, the appropriate body will be taking a supportive approach to ECF fidelity checking for cohorts starting statutory induction in the 2021-22 academic year.
How and when the ECF fidelity checks will be conducted
Prior to the start of induction, the appropriate body is expected to determine the type of induction a school plans to offer, so it will:
- inform the school of the different induction types and level of checking expected, and determine which induction type the ECT(s) will access.
- check that the school is aware of:
- all three induction routes and has made an informed choice and the benefits
- checking requirements of their chosen route
At the planning stage - prior to the start of induction
- once a school has confirmed its chosen induction route, the AB will communicate to them:
- what information they must provide before and during induction
- how and when any ECF any fidelity checking will be carried out
- a fidelity checking proforma will be sent to the school with clear guidance on how to complete it.
- AB will check school’s plans for delivering an ECF-based induction and verify that this has been received by the ECT.
Review point 1: before the end of term 3
This will take place in the summer term of the first year of induction.
At this stage the appropriate body is expected to check the implementation of the school’s plans.
To do this the AB will request evidence that the school has delivered its programme of induction in line with its plan, with explanations for any instances where this has changed.
Review point 2: before the end of induction
This will take place in the summer term of the second year of induction.
At this stage:
- The school is expected to submit induction plans in full and represent the induction process to that point.
- The appropriate body is expected to verify that ECTs have received an ECF-based induction and inform the school of the outcome of their final ECF fidelity check.
Contact Mirela Temo, ECT Induction, EMA, RE Adviser:
- Email email@example.com
- Tel. 02088257986
- Mob. 07957 637118
- Mirela Temo: firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8825 7986 or 07957 637118