Locality matters: Getting the best from our partnership
Day 1 - Thursday 21 March 2024
Mary Myatt Keynote - Mary has written extensively about leadership, school improvement and the curriculum. From ‘High Challenge, Low Threat’ to ‘Back on Track’ and more recently her ‘Huh’ series on the curriculum.
Professor Toby Greany will introduce a model of locality system leadership that we are pioneering in Ealing, followed by facilitated table discussions to develop this approach.
Day 2 – Friday 22 March 2024
Rachel MacFarlane and Evelyn Forde MBE session on the importance of achieving structural race equity, based on Rachel’s book ‘Unity in Diversity’.
Rachel McFarlane is the lead adviser for underserved learners. Previously Director of Education Services, Rachel was the strategic lead for all education services to schools across all phases.
Headteacher of three schools over a 16 year period, Rachel has led school improvement programmes and system leadership in primary and secondary phases. She was a Director of the London Leadership Strategy.
Evelyn Forde MBE has been in the profession for over 20 years, an ASCL council member and founding chair of the ASCL BAME Leaders' Network.
In November 2020, Evelyn won the coveted TES Headteacher of the Year award and received an MBE in the 2021 New Year’s Honours list for services to education.
Sinead McBrearty, CEO of the charity Education Support will advocate for a systemic approach to wellbeing for the education workforce.
- Facilitated activity with outputs
- Live conference artist
- Buffet lunch on both days
- 3 course evening meal
- Pre-dinner reception drinks sponsored by NAHT
- After dinner entertainment and networking
Conference content subject to changes
How to book
To book, complete this MS Forms https://forms.office.com/e/2HvASyJ4QM
ELP members costs per delegate, same as last year:
- 21 March 2024 only, £200 +VAT (non-ELP £260 +VAT )
- 22 March 2024 only, £200 +VAT(non-ELP £260 +VAT)
- 21-22 March 2024, two days £300 +VAT (non-ELP £420 +VAT)
- 21-22 March 2024, with dinner £320 +VAT (non-ELP £465 +VAT)
- 21-22 March 2024, with dinner and overnight stay on 21 March, breakfast included £460 +VAT (non-ELP £560 +VAT)
- 21-22 March 2024 with one dinner and two overnight stays on 20-21 March 2024, breakfast included £600 + VAT (non-ELP £700 +VAT)
Any queries, contact EEC@ealing.gov.uk.