Health related behaviour survey (HRBS) 2017-18
11 Apr 2017
Schools will undertake the seventh biennial health related behaviour survey (HRBS) in October 2017.
Action for schools
As we begin to plan for the administration and analysis of the HRBS, we need to know the number of schools who wish to partake in the survey.
If your school plans to administer the HRBS, please email Claire Meade (see contacts) with the following details by Friday, 19 May 2017:
- Name of person leading the administration of HRBS (usually PSHE lead)
- Contact details for the lead.
The HRBS is for pupils in year 4, 6, 8 and 10, to complete online.
Online survey benefits
By completing the survey online, schools will:
- Partake in the survey for free
- Get immediate access to their results
- Be able to compare their results from the 2015 survey directly to the 2017 survey
- Gain quicker access to the comparative results across the borough.
The HRBS is an extremely useful tool for all schools to:
- Get a picture of health and wellbeing in their schools
- Identify areas of strength and areas for development
- Track progress since the survey was last administered.
The HRBS data is extremely helpful in supporting schools to write a needs analysis for healthy schools London silver award.
In 2015, over 96% of schools and over 11,000 pupils took part in the survey and the results have been used strategically as well as practically within schools, the local authority and public health teams.
There will be a briefing in September 2017 to support schools in understanding how best to administer the HRBS, details will be provided in due course.