Cold weather alerts and severe weather guidance
15 Jan 2019
Cold weather alert update for 21 January 2019
Download the level three cold weather alert (attached below) for information/action.
There is a 90% probability of severe cold weather, icy conditions and mostly hill snow between 09.00 on Monday 21 January and 0.900 on Friday 25 January in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services.
During the cold weather, staff and managers are advised to take care and responsibility of their own and their pupils health, safety and welfare.
Schools are reminded:
- To follow practical guidance on severe winter weather
- That it is their statutory duty to report school closures
- To monitor check the weather forecast for London and the South East (Met Office) during the winter months
- To report a suspected outbreak of infectious and contagious diseases to the relevant authorities
- That those with certain medical conditions, e.g. asthma, diabetes, who are more at risk, can get free flu vaccinations from their GP or from some pharmacies. GPs and pharmacies will charge those not in the ‘at risk’ group a small fee for the jab.