Cold weather alerts and severe weather guidance
22 Jan 2019
Cold weather alert update for 22 January 2019
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for ice from 16.00 on Tuesday, 22 January to 11.00 on Wednesday, 23 January.
Ice will form on some surfaces again later today, overnight and into Wednesday morning, with a few wintry showers also possible. These conditions may lead to an increase in injuries from slips and falls, with ice on some roads, pavements and cycle paths making travelling more difficult.
During the cold weather, staff and managers are advised to take care and responsibility of their own and their pupils health, safety and welfare.
Schools are reminded:
- To follow practical guidance on severe winter weather
- That it is their statutory duty to report school closures
- To monitor check the weather forecast for London and the South East (Met Office) during the winter months
- To report a suspected outbreak of infectious and contagious diseases to the relevant authorities
- That those with certain medical conditions, e.g. asthma, diabetes, who are more at risk, can get free flu vaccinations from their GP or from some pharmacies. GPs and pharmacies will charge those not in the ‘at risk’ group a small fee for the jab.