New annual review template and guidance
27 Jan 2020
Redrafted annual review guidance and template now available for schools to use - see downloads.
About the documents
These documents have been developed over recent months in collaboration with schools, professionals and the Parent Carer Forum. The Local Authority (LA) would like to thank all of the school professionals who have collaborated with the LA in putting these documents together and for all of the constructive feedback provided.
They have also been shared with the SENCOs through the SENCO Networks.
The purpose of re-drafting the review was to ensure that:
- Schools are clear about exactly what information is required through this process
- The LA has all of the information needed to make informed decisions regarding provision and
- The review supports with the process of preparing students for adulthood in line with the SEN Code of Practice.
Additional appendices- only use when required
The new review follows a similar structure to the original review with three additional appendices that should only be used when required. These are:
- Appendix 3: Preparing for Adulthood – For students over the age of 14 only
- Appendix 4: Request for Amendments - Schools can choose to use this document when requesting amendments at Key Stage Transfer rather than providing an annotated plan if they would prefer
- Appendix 5: Request for Funding Increase – This is only required if an increase in top-funding is being requested.
The LA kindly requests that schools use this annual review form going forward. The questions on this template will form the basis for the annual review process when it is transferred onto the Portal.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact:
Helen O’Brien, annual review manager
We are certainly open to making any required further amendments over the summer ready for the next academic year based on professional’s feedback.
Thank you again for your ongoing support.