Early years foundation stage reforms and early adopters handbook 2021
03 Jul 2020
EYFS consulation on reforms
The government's response to the consultation is summarised below:
- The consultation received 2,452 responses prior to the deadline on 31 January 2020. More information could be found in the consultation response (GOV.UK).
The consultation response confirms the following:
- The final educational programmes for each of the seven areas of learning
- The final early learning goals
- Removal of the ‘exceeded’ assessment band from EYFS Profile assessment, meaning that children will be assessed as either having met the ‘expected’ level of development or not yet reaching the expected level of development (‘emerging’)
- The intention to proceed with removal of the statutory duty for local authority moderation from the EYFS Profile assessment process
- New inclusion of oral health within the EYFS safeguarding and welfare requirements; and
- The government’s intention to proceed with the early adopter year in the academic year 2020/21 ahead of statutory roll out in 2021/22.
EYFS reforms handbook early adopter version 2021
The handbook has been produced for schools participating in the EYFS Reforms Early Adopter Year in academic year 2020/21. The deadline to sign up was 7 February 2020. Futher guidance and supporting materials are expected to be sent to LAs in order that they can provide support and training to schools.
The handbook for all non-early adopter schools will be published as normal later this year