Children in part time or alterative provision: November 2020 data collection
14 Oct 2020
Ofsted require the local authority to collect data on all pupils in R to Y11 receiving less than 25 hours school-based provision. This includes:
- Children accessing vocational courses / other alternative provision at other providers for part/all of the week
- Children whose medical, behavioural, SEN or other needs mean currently on part time provision and
- Non statutory aged reception pupils not attending full time.
What you need to do
A template has been uploaded to S2S (suffix CMENov2020, password protected with usual password) for you to update and return. Schools are required to:
1. Check the current list of children we hold for your school, updating information that has changed, adding further updates on their current arrangements in the Nov update column and flagging any children who need to be removed from the list.
We have tidied the lists, removing any children we know have left your school. Schools who did not record any children in the November 2019 collection (or for whom we know all the children they recorded have now left) will have a blank template to complete.
2. Add additional children not on the current list who are on part time provision, or who aren't accessing full 25 hours in school as at Monday, 2 November 2020 – providing details about the child, number of hours in school, a description of the reason why it’s less than 25 hours and (if appropriate) details of the alternative provision they are receiving outside of school.
Please make sure you include all pupils in R to Y11 who aren't receiving full 25 hours provision in school, including any pupils in alternative provision following a permanent exclusion who haven't yet to come off your school roll. Please also include school refusers.
You do not need to include part time nursery children.
Schools need to return the spreadsheet via S2S or Egress secure mail by Friday, 6 November 2020. If you don't have any children on part time / alternative provision, please just email Kim or Jen stating that yours is a nil return.
Many thanks for your cooperation with this collection. Please contact Kim or Jen if you have any queries.