National Education Union (NEU) virtual training event 22 - 23 October 2020
06 Oct 2020
National Education Union (NEU) training events for school based representatives, will be held virtually, over two afternoons on Thursday 22 October and Friday 23 October 2020, from 1.30 - 5pm.
The local facilities agreement for teacher trade unions provides for this type of event. As on previous occasions we will pay for the cost of any supply cover that is necessary for teaching staff, although the provision of supply teachers cannot be guaranteed. Schools that use supply cover to cover the absence of their NEU representative should confirm the following details either
- by email to email@example.com or
- in writing to Jackie Bourchier in Schools HR, by using the attached form.
Providing the following details
- Name of school
- Name of the Teacher who is attending the NEU training
- Name of the supply teacher providing cover (and the
- Name of agency, if used
- Cost of the supply teacher
- Budget code.
If your NEU school representative wishes to attend this event they must complete a leave of absence form and we would expect this request to be granted, subject to the urgency of the service.