Children in part time or alternative provision: November 2021 data collection
25 Oct 2021
Ofsted require the local authority to collect data on all pupils in R to Y11 receiving less than 25 hours school-based provision. This includes:
- Children accessing vocational courses / other alternative provision at other providers for part/all of the week
- Children whose medical, behavioural, SEN or other needs mean currently on part time provision and
- Non statutory aged reception pupils not attending full time.
What you need to do
Over the October half term a file will be uploaded to S2S (suffix CMENov2021, password protected with usual password) for you to update and return. Schools are required to:
1. Check the current list of children we hold for your school, updating information that has changed, adding further updates on their current arrangements in the November update column and flagging any children who need to be removed from the list.
2. Add additional children not on the current list who are on part time provision, or who are not accessing full 25 hours in school as at Thursday, 4 November 2021 – providing details about the child, number of hours in school, a description of the reason why it’s less than 25 hours and (if appropriate) details of the alternative provision they are receiving outside of school.
Please make sure you include all pupils in R to Y11 who are not receiving full 25 hours provision in school, including any pupils in alternative provision following a permanent exclusion who have not yet to come off your school roll (and please provide exclusion reason). Please also include school refusers. You do not need to include part time nursery children.
Schools need to return the spreadsheet via S2S, Egress or other secure email by Thursday, 11 November 2021. If you do not have any children on part time / alternative provision, please just email Mike stating that yours is a nil return.
Many thanks for your cooperation with this collection. Please contact Mike if you have any queries.