Cold weather alerts and severe weather guidance
25 Nov 2021
Read the latest Met Office cold weather alert
During the cold weather, staff and managers are advised to take care and responsibility of their own and their pupils health, safety and welfare.
Schools are reminded:
- To follow practical guidance on severe winter weather
- That it is their statutory duty to report school closures
- To monitor check the weather forecast for London and the South East (Met Office) during the winter months
- To report a suspected outbreak of infectious and contagious diseases to the relevant authorities
- That those with certain medical conditions, e.g. asthma, diabetes, who are more at risk, can get free flu vaccinations from their GP or from some pharmacies. GPs and pharmacies will charge those not in the ‘at risk’ group a small fee for the jab.
Last updated: 25 Nov 2021