Energy reduction pilot scheme for schools
20 Jun 2022
Schools Commercial Team is inviting schools to join a free pilot working with educational charity Energy Sparks.
What schools will get
This pilot will provide access to a unique school specific energy management tool and education programme that helps you save money, energy and empower students and staff to reduce your school’s carbon footprint.
Over 275 schools are already using Energy Sparks and have reduced their energy consumption. With this pilot, you can:
- save energy, money and help tackle climate change
- get tailored energy-saving advice on usage and low-cost interventions
- get bespoke classroom activities that lead to whole-school change
- reduce costly out-of-hours usage
- benchmark performance against similar schools
To join the pilot, you will need to:
- have half-hourly meters already installed
- give Energy Sparks permission to access your meter data
- be willing to appoint an energy champion for the school who will co-ordinate the programme
How to join
Energy Sparks will then contact you about the outcome of your application.
If you have any questions, please refer to the separate guidance provided for schools and Local Authorities on the Energy Sparks enrol page
If you still have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an insight into Saundersfoot Primary School’s recent use of Energy Sparks, see this YouTube video showcasing their work