Schools funding consultation 2020-21
30 Sep 2019
Message from Gary Redhead for headteachers and chairs of governors
On Monday 30 September, we have published a short consultation document on school funding for 2020-21 which is available on the link below:
The deadline for completion of responses on the online survey is Friday 18 October:
Sets out the proposed Ealing formula factor values for 2020-21, subject to affordability all but two are proposed to be set at the NFF rates (Annex 1)
- Seeks views proposals in respect of the schools, central service schools and high needs blocks, specifically:
- The value of the minimum funding guarantee, it is proposed to set this at +0.5%
- Possible changes to the growth fund
- De-delegation of funding (maintained schools only)
- Various matters relating to the central services schools’ block and historic commitments
- Maintaining a transfer from the schools to the high needs block of 0.5%, approximately £1.2m; and
- Confirming that the one-off funding provided to certain schools, following the ceasing of the SEN support fund and the DfE rejecting the Forum’s proposal to adjust based budgets, is unable to be repeated in 2020-21.The Schools forum meets on 13 November to consider responses received. We intend to make decisions on the formula before Christmas. This will enable us to issue final budgets to schools towards the end of January, 2 to 3 weeks earlier than previously.
In the case of special schools and mainstream schools/academies with ARPs or units, it is intended to arrange a series of commissioning conversations for next year over the next four months.
A briefing session for schools has been arranged for Tuesay 15 October at the Ealing Education Centre, Room 18 between 4 to 6.30pm. Book a place on the session through Ealing CPD online. The session may be of particular interest to those colleagues new to Ealing.We look forward to receiving your responses. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email me (details below).