Educational psychology service 2019/20
This service is available for Academies, Maintained schools and Other schools and settings
The educational psychology service (EPS) helps schools, early year’s providers, colleges, parents and carers to meet the needs of children with additional needs.
- The EPS has indepth knowledge of the services available to children and families across Ealing and can ensure close partnership working between schools and other local agencies
- We build up close relationships with schools and understand the unique context that each school has
- We are flexible in the services we offer and can provide brief invovlement as well as longer term support
- We can support parents who are struggling to come to terms with their child's additional needs.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
We will be offering more consultation meetings this year, to parents and teachers and SENCOs, where interventions can be agreed at the end of a focused problem solving meeting.
- Core service activities that take longer than the free allocated EPS time for each school funded through the annual levy
- Whole school work training, action research, targeted work (small groups of children or staff), or individual pupil / family work
- Whole school activities:
- Staff training on behaviour, SEN, ASD, Asperger's, ADHD, thinking skills, transition, down syndrome, specific learning difficulties etcetera
- School based action research, using EPS as consultant or project worker.
- Targeted activities:
- Group work with pupils on friends for life (preventing depression and anxiety), self esteem, thinking and study skills, social skills, parent support, reluctant learners and bereavement
- Group work with staff groups (teaching assistants, teachers, SEN staff in a high school, learning mentors), drop-in surgery
- Group work with parents – parenting courses, understanding their child’s SEN.
Educational psychology service, children and adults’services.
- Judith Chambers-Thomas, Children and adults: email@example.com 8825 8775