Engaging parents in early reading and phonics 2020/21
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
This package is for schools who want to improve the engagement of parents in supporting early reading and phonics at home, with a specific focus on targeted groups of parents whose children need extra support.
This package will benefit schools who want to review their approach to engaging all parents/carers in early reading and phonics and who would like additional support for a targeted group of parents.
Summary of other packages available from the school partnership and enrichment team for ELP subscribers:
- Fundraising and grant writing £1877
- Curriculum enrichment package £104
- Primary careers £1200
- Bespoke 4-day consultancy £1877
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
This package is for schools who want to improve the engagement of parents in supporting early reading and phonics at home, with a specific focus on targeted groups of parents whose children need extra support. The package includes:
- Review school’s current universal offer to parents/carers, how it supports reading at home and gives parents the skills to foster a love of reading, reinforce phonics knowledge and practice language comprehension
- Work with school leaders to suggest improvements linked clearly to school reading priorities
- Design and delivery of 3 reading cafe sessions for targeted groups of parents based on the needs of the school, eg supporting phonics at home, developing inference skills, reading for pleasure etc
- All resources and presentations provided to enable sessions to be repeated in future years by school staff.
Ealing Learning Partnership, School partnerships and enrichment team
- Sarah Thompson, School partnerships and enrichment team: firstname.lastname@example.org 8825 7372
For more information about this package please contact Sarah Thompson, School Partnerships and Enrichment Team E. email@example.com T. 020 8825 7372