Health improvement 2021/22
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
The Ealing health improvement team are a trusted and qualified team of experts, providing support and training in nutrition and exercise, mental health and emotional wellbeing, PSHE, relationship and sex education (RSE) and safeguarding prevention, to help you improve your pupils' mental health, personal development and achievement.
Purchase one of our support packages to address specific health areas and we will:
- Produce tangible results
- Directly assist you in achieving your Healthy Schools London awards.
- Save you valuable preparation and thinking time
- Drive consistent whole school health and wellbeing improvement
- Give you access to a wide range of resources, trainings and expert support
Main packages on offer:
- Healthy schools awards and training package
- Four day bespoke package
What impact have we had?
Investing in a package of support is changing pupils' health behaviour and choices. Schools who invested in the 'Reducing Obesity' specialist package saw a fall from 65% to 10% of those eating junk food every day, and many schools have seen a reduction in pupil withdrawals from RSE after purchasing the RSE package. One school has also raised awareness of the impact their health improvement work is having on pupil health and wellbeing with the wider school community through sharing their impact report.
Schools save time and benefit from:
- Support in achieving Healthy Schools London (HSL) award(s)
- Practical help for new, or experienced PSHE leads
- Expert guidance to stay on track and have impact
- Improvements in pupils' and parents' health behaviours and choices
- Access to a wide range of pre-prepared assembly presentations, parent letters, policies and baseline surveys.
Summary of the Health Improvement Team packages for ELP subscribers:
- Healthy schools awards and training package £1020
- Four day bespoke package £1920
- Mental health wellbeing package £1630
- Reducing obesity package £1630
- Relationship and sex education package £1630
- NEW PHSE package £1450
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
- Twilight sessions and out of office hours work by negotiation.
Your feedback is important to us, and we read and reflect on what you tell us to make improvements.
In this years survey 95% reported using our new edited EGFL pages, up from 58%.
We also found new ways to support schools during this year of challenge and opportunity: we moved training online; developed a new sharing platform - the Knowledge Hub; made and distributed new videos ; and created a 'Healthy Kids at Home' daily newsletter for families during lockdown.
We will continue to make improvements to our service based on your comments, feedback and survey results.
Health Improvement Support Packages
Healthy Schools Awards and training package £1020 ELP schools, £1122 non ELP schools
- 20+ trainings on key health areas available to all your school staff
- Four practical sessions to increase staff knowledge, skills and confidence
- Two drop-in days to support completion of the HSL award/s
4 day bespoke package £1920 ELP members, £2112 non ELP members
- 28 hours of a health improvement officer time to support and deliver bespoke activities
- Pre and post activity surveys, to measure impact
- An annual impact report
- Full guidance, support and resources for your school.
Select image to view the HIT brochure 2021/22:
Health improvement team, Children and families, Ealing Learning Partnership
- Karen Gibson, Health improvement: email@example.com 8825 7707