Mental health and emotional wellbeing 2022/23
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
This package will help your school to implement a consistent whole school approach to mental health and emotional wellbeing and help raise awareness of what mental health is, how to identify vulnerable children and ways to support your pupils' and staff wellbeing.
This package will:
- Drive a whole school approach to promoting mental health that is sustainable
- Directly assist you in achieving your Healthy Schools London Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum awards with a focus on mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Provide you with access to wide range of pre-prepared lesson plans, programmes and initiatives, parent letters, policies and baseline surveys
- Provide you with expert guidance from a health improvement officer to stay on track and make an impact
- Model all aspects of the whole school approach and link in with the school psychologist to ensure that this project is sustainable in your school.
This package includes implementation of all initiatives, training, policies, toolkits and resources.
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
- Twilight sessions and out of office hours work by negotiation.
This package comprises of 14 hours of mental health support in your school. Activities can include:
- Guidance on reviewing and updating a mental health policy
- A staff training/INSET to introduce the topic of mental health, deliver mental health lessons or developing resilience
- A parent workshop focused on mental health awareness
- A pupil assembly or workshop
- Activities for the classroom including cooling down strategies and mindfulness activities
- Staff self-care and wellbeing workshops
- Baseline and endline surveys with pupils and staff to measure impact
- A mental health toolkit for the Mental Health
- Example assemblies and lesson plans
- Examples of Silver Awards focused on mental health to support your school in achieving it’s HSL Silver Award.
This package also includes:
- Free access to eight central trainings for all staff on mental health
- Two tickets to the health improvement annual conference
- Two drop-in days to help your achieve your Healthy Schools London awards
- Three primary or high school PSHE network meetings
Health improvement team, Children and families, Ealing Learning Partnership
- Emily Rayfield, Health improvement: firstname.lastname@example.org 8825 6254