Reed Education supply staff 2021/22
This service is available for Academies, Maintained schools and Other schools and settings
Ealing Learning Partnership's business sustainability committee have secured a managed service contract for school supply staff with Reed Education. This will ensure a consistent approach to supply, providing transparent pricing and fair terms and conditions.
Reed Education will provide more information to schools in April 2021.
- Eliminate excessive and inconsistent supplier fees, resulting in cost savings
- Fair terms and conditions which are written in the schools favour
- Consistent and fair worker pay
- No temp to perm fees charged after 12 weeks, with 4 weeks notice
- Pricing transparency including clear visibility on worker pay and breakdown of costs
- Compliance with safeguarding checks in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines
- High quality staff via an approved agency and their supply chain
- One point of contact for all temporary staff bookings
- Process efficiencies, including online booking systems to reduce the administrative burden of calling several different agencies to fill vacancies
- Streamlined invoice and timesheet approval processes via one agency, reducing the administrative burden of approving large volumes of invoices and timesheets from different agencies
- Access to more in depth granular data, giving a picture of supply usage across the partnership and in individual schools, providing an opportunity to manage recruitment more effectively
- Better budget control.
Free of charge for ELP members
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
The service will provide a one point of contact for your supply need, with services of a nominated Contract Manager. The provision will be monitored by the Ealing Learning Partnership Business Committee.
Register your interest on your school order form.
ELP schools currently fill temporary staffing requirements independently. This results in a high number of agencies being used across the partnership with limited consistency and large variances in price. Schools contract with agencies under the agency terms and conditions, which are not always transparent or favourable to schools and can include costly supplier fees, including transfer fees. Our data shows that around 30% of schools total spend on supply staff is currently attributed to supplier fees alone.
In January 2021 we tendered for a managed service provision (MSP) to manage supply staff services for ELP Schools. The contract will be for 2 years with an option to extend for a further year. The MSP will secure a supply chain so that it can provide your school with your supply staff needs. By aggregating spend across ELP it will increase the opportunity to drive value for money, as well as ensure a consistent approach to supply, providing transparent pricing and fair terms and conditions.