School governance development 2021/22
This service is available for Academies and Maintained schools
We provide a complete support, advice and continuing professional development (CPD) service for governors, trustees, associate members and clerks from all school settings. Select image to view brochure (log in required).
We provide relevant and timely advice, guidance and a range of templates/ tools to empower governors and clerks to fulfil their duties effectively. We do this by working with boards to review and challenge current practice, identify and implement solutions that best suit their needs to improve the effectiveness of leadership and management and promote school improvement.
External review of governance
An external review of governance will usually take approx. three to four days. It may additionally include a follow-up visit to review impact. Boards may wish to review governance as a result of an Ofsted inspection or as part of their self-evaluation / benchmarking process to identify best practice and areas for development. If there is any additional follow up, to review progress or provide training this is an additional cost.
Governance bespoke training
Cost includes prep and delivery for up to a two -hour session. Popular sessions have included:
- Preparing for Ofsted
- Roles and responsibilities of the governing board
- Understanding data
- Vison and values
- Ensuring accountability including use of visits
Mentoring, training, one to one support
Email and telephone support with an initial meeting as relevant. Time/cost will be dependent on the type of support or mentoring needed.
Support for finance
Bespoke support for new finance chairs and SBMs/ headteachers
Governance central training
For 2021/22 this will remain as part of the CPD buy back provision www.ealingcpd.org.uk
Schools that subscribe to Ealing Learning Partnership (ELP) will receive:
- Online, telephone and email advice/ support on any governance issue
- Distribution of key governance communications including half termly Directors’ Gatekeeping Report to governors / trustees, communicating local and national educational items for information and action
- Dedicated governance /clerk section on EGfL www.egfl.org.uk/governors including guidance templates and toolkits
- Half termly briefings for clerks and chairs / lead governors and opportunities for networking via learning conversation sessions
- Access to the central training programme for governors / trustees and clerks - online and face to face. Leaning complimented with ELP accreditation scheme.
- Access to locally run DfE programmes for governors / trustees and clerks
- Online induction for new governors and new chairs
- Clerks ELP Help group – support for clerks
- Annual governor / trustee recruitment event
- Access to annual discounted membership for The Key to School Governors, National Governance Association and GovernorHub (cost paid for by the school at discounted rate)
- Discount on annual governance conference
- Support in finding high quality trainers and reviewers for governance issues (cost to be paid by the school or purchased as part of traded service /PAYG).
Safeguarding and pupil premium reviews can also be purchased as part of ELPs school improvement primary and special service–prices on application.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
All schools receive:
- Check and make Instrument of Government (IOGs) for all maintained schools and federations of maintained schools
- Nominate local authority governors for all maintained schools
- Provide information and training for school governors
- Set up temporary and shadow governing boards for new maintained schools
- Arrange parent governor representatives on local authority scrutiny committees dealing with education (carried out by the Council’s democratic services team)
- Support governing boards (GBs) of schools at risk or in a category including appointment of additional governors or interim executive board members
Ealing Learning Partnership service, children and adults’ services.
- Therese McNulty, School workforce and governance development: email@example.com 8825 8542
Telephone: 020 8825 5444