Youth employment has become a major priority for the council – the pandemic has significantly impacted on the businesses and sectors that often provide employment for young people.
Effective careers advice enables young people to make good choices about employment. We will need to secure and strengthen our careers services to respond to this challenge, and support all young people to find their pathway.
The DfE has recently highlighted the need for improved and extended access to careers provision for all ages – in schools, colleges and for adults; and the Education and Employers Report ‘Starting Early’ is pushing for more primary school provision.
About the conference
This conference will start to create better shared knowledge and understanding between these services. In time, perhaps this could become the start of a ‘careers partnership’ for the borough.
We will hear from:
- Primary schools
- High schools
- Connexions service
- West London College
- Ealing special schools
- Employment and Skills, Ealing Council.
Aims of the event
We hope participants will:
- Gain an overview of what careers provision a young person will encounter as they move through the education and training system
- Recognise commonalities in areas of careers provision:
- Employer engagement in careers provision
- Labour market information (LMI) about Ealing and the local/national/international
- Employability skills and approaches such as Skills Builder
- IAG (Independent and impartial advice and guidance to individuals)
- Get a better understanding of the varying roles and approaches of providers in the borough
- Have a chance to meet (online break-outs) colleagues and share perspectives
- Express interest in further careers co-working.
Book a place
Please respond to email invitation or email ELP@ealing.gov.uk to book your place before 16 June 2021. The link to join the conference will be sent to you nearer the time.