Welcome to our conference for professional staff within ESCAN and key partners including the voluntary sector, representatives from early years and schools; working with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and their families.
Please keep the date in your diary: Thursday 21 October, 9.30 am to 3.30pm
Please look out for booking details in early September.
The conference themes are inclusion, active participation, enabling communication and working together towards co-production, leading to a shared vision and ethos for the service and its key partner services and organisations.
Outline conference programme:
- Welcome to all and ‘setting the scene’ with Inclusive Solutions
- Keynote speakers: young people, and parents – their experiences and aspirations
- Interactive scenario – script led and developed through an exciting collaboration with young people, parents, and theatre groups.
Lunch and marketplace (available throughout the day) – to showcase services and share good practice in Ealing.
- Interactive workshop: ‘What does participation and co-production mean?’ led and delivered by young people
- Interactive workshop: ‘Developing an inclusive, shared vision and ethos’ led by Inclusive Solutions.
(The afternoon workshops will be for all participants and be held consecutively).
Next Steps, plenary, and thanks.
There will be 120 places including participants (subject to any Covid guidance that may apply at the time). Please book to express your interest and places will be confirmed to allow as many people as possible, across the range of related services to attend.
The conference will be held at Trailfinders, Vallis Way, Ealing W13 0DD. There will also be virtual content online to widen the audience and as a contingency if the face-to-face event should not be possible.
More details to follow in September. We look forward to seeing you on 21 October 2021.