Ealing Council (the “council”) owns, manages and runs this website.
Information about the Ealing Grid for Learning (the "EGfL")
The council does not capture or store any personal information about individuals who access the EGfL except where you voluntarily choose to give the EGfL your personal details either via email, by using an online form on the website, registering with us for an EGfL user account or receiving the newsletter, or by enquiring about any of the council’s services.
If you are browsing our website you do not need to disclose your personal details.
Non-personal information is recorded automatically in two ways:
- By the web server that powers this website. This data includes the pages visited by an individual, the user's IP address, the time of the visit, and the order of pages viewed. This information is for the sole purpose of making the website as responsive to visitors' needs as possible
Personal information we collect
If you subscribe to Gatekeeping e-news and school safe scheme email alerts, we will ask you for your name, Ealing school and email address.
If you register for a user account we will ask you for your name, Ealing school, email address and job role so that we can tailor the access rights, which will grant you access to areas relevant to you.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our term time weekly e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
What we do with personal information
We use this information only for the intended purpose that you have provided it for.
However, the information you provide may be used within other departments of the council to provide a complete service to you.
Your information will be held only for as long as necessary and it will not be passed to any other parties.
In some cases the council may use your information for another purpose if it is under a legal duty to do so.
The council's primary purpose for processing your personal data is in order to provide services to which you are entitled and in order to get in touch with you.
As part of this function the council will use your information:
- for the particular purpose(s) specified at the point data is provided by you or by another person on your behalf
- to communicate and consult with you in order to provide services appropriate to your needs;
- to monitor and improve performance in relation to those services
- to assist with the planning of future service provision
- for the maintenance and improvement of the services which we deliver, this includes the development and upgrading of the systems which we use to process your information
Where Ealing Council discloses personal information this is carried out in accordance with its registration under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Ealing Council's Trust Charter and Fair Processing statement.
Ealing Council has implemented technical measures to safeguard your information from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
We use a secure, encrypted transmission method to protect the information you send to us via the website.
All our employees and data processors with access to, and associated with the processing of, personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data.
We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to government institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation, or as stated on individual online forms.
Sending us an email
Please note that the transmission of information by email to us is not a secure process and should not be used to send confidential or sensitive information.
The use of our email system may be monitored and communications read in order to secure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that this privacy statement only applies to the EGfL. When you are transferring to another site you should read their privacy statement for their policy on the use of personal information.
In terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, Ealing is the data controller of personal data (information relating to identifiable living individuals) collected or obtained by or through this website.
Any personal data collected through this website will be treated as confidential under the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The council is registered with the Information Commissioner Officer under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as a data controller registration number Z5696801.
Notification of changes
As the EGfL creates new online services this may generate a need to amend this privacy statement. If substantial changes are made, the council will highlight such changes on the homepage of the website.
If our information changes at any time in the future the EGfL will post the policy changes on this page.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to these contact the data protection officer.
You also have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Corporate information governance manager , IMG, Perceval House, 14/16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, W5 2HL.
Tel: (020) 8825 5124/5512
If you are not satisfied with our response you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, CK9 5AF