Free bike club staff training
08 Feb 2017
This course is designed to give you the confidence to set up and run a cycle club at your school.
Event and booking details
Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2017
Times: From 8.45am until 3pm
Venue: Hambrough Primary School, South Road, Southall UB1 1SF
Lunch will be provided. Maximum of three staff members per school.
- Setting up practical cycle sessions
- Practical games and activities for a cycle club
- How to develop a club for pupil skill progression
- How to risk assess cycle activities
- How to assess bikes for their working condition
- Coaching techniques
- Coach led focus for sessions.
The course is being led by a UCI (union cycliste internationale) qualified coach.
Setting up a cycle club can help you to achieve a gold standard STP and will support more children cycling to school more often.
Participants will need to bring
- A bicycle (we can provide some bikes but we will need advance notice of a week)
- Wear loose fitting sports clothing.
- A helmet if you wish to wear one (they are not required).
The course is run outside for half of the morning and most of the afternoon, so please wear suitable clothing. Some sessions will be classroom based.
For queries, please contact the STA team: