Governors/trustees finance resources and training
20 Jan 2020
A core function of the governing board is:
Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
To ensure that governors/trustees can fulfil this important and essential role we are running a series of finance focused training sessions this term at Ealing Education Centre:
- Tuesday 28 January 6.30-8.30pm – Basic finance for governors (Rory McCormack) – for all governors so they know what the duties, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Wednesday 5 February 6.30-8.30pm – Chairs’ briefing/learning conversation These termly sessions are aimed at experienced governors who may be chairs and/or leads in key strategic priority areas. They aim to provide an opportunity for governors to share good practice as part of a networking opportunity. The focus for this session is: Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent. How do you know you are managing and monitoring the budget effectively?
- Wednesday 26 February 6.30-8.30pm - Overseeing and managing the budget (Tamara Quinn) – aimed at more experienced governors who have (or who may soon have) a role in supporting budget planning, setting, balancing and monitoring.
- Further information and booking can be made via Ealing CPD online. Remember attending any of our training session will help build your points for our local accreditation scheme! We look forward to seeing you at these sessions.
- A range of finance resources to support governing boards can be found on Ealing Grid for learning including budget planning and financial sustainability on the Financial stability page
- Free DfE Understanding Integrated Curriculum Financial Planning (ICFP) online training is also available at https://isbl.org.uk/